Front: Tintype portrait of a man sitting on a chair with legs crossed and hands resting on knee of upper leg. Deeply incised joint line. Tintype is under glass.
Back: Deeply incised joint line; polished surface.
Spine: Three raised bands. Polished.
1. Coved front edge, flat top and bottom edges; polished.
2. Tintype dates to late 1860s or early 1870s, but book itself appears to have been created later.
3. Purchase price of $945 included the following three stone books: #SB-95, #SB-96, and #SB-97.
- Dateca. 1880
- MediumCatlinite [Pipestone]
- Dimensions (inches)2 9/16 x 1 3/4 x 3/4